Friday, November 21, 2008

Contentment is underestimated.

I have curly hair and I wish it were straight. I have a new car but I want a newer one. I have a diamond ring but it's not as big as my friend's. I got a new cell phone but it's not as cool as the more expensive ones. I like my house but the one down the street is nicer. I love my man but what if there is a better one. Are any of these thoughts that cross through your mind every now and then? Some would call that being not content with what you have. You can never be satisfied with what you have no matter what it is.

Granted, there are goals to work towards and seeing yourself in the same place as you are now 5 years ahead is depressing. Make goals and something to work towards, but don't dismiss what you have now. Yes everyone else has something we wish we had and maybe we can turn bitter towards them for having what we would like. Why? Be happy for them. And be happy with who you are. God made you so individual that no one ever created within the thousands of years of life has ever been like you. You have something to offer that no one else does. So stop wishing you were someone else and be who you are.

Each one of us has a gift and a talent that is our own. Each one of us was made to look the way we are for a reason. We were created beautiful in our own way. The things that you have you should be thankful for. No matter what they are. Don't feel insecure because you are excited over something that you have that someone else might look down upon. The pressures of inferiority is sickening.

Before you can gather up better things in life you have to be happy with what you have or those other things will be insignificant. Enjoy who you are as a person before you let someone else in your life. People need to respect theirselves more and realize it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks about you. So what, you're weird! Awesome! So am I. But I love who I am and for so many years I let other people's opinions define who I am. I dance pretty heavily in my car to music that is blaring when no one else is around. I really don't care! I am who I am. I may dress differently than you, but does that make me better or you better? No way. Just different. So embrace who you are, what you have, what you want, where you've been, and where you want to go. Stop for nothing and be ambitious. But don't overlook the small people on the way.

Today's challenge to examine the things in your life that you are thankful for. The things that are tangible and are not. Look at your life and the things you don't like, see how you can change them so you're not in the same place next year. Only you have control of the direction your life takes. Enjoy the day!

0 comments: