Friday, November 21, 2008

He who knows what we need.

It's funny. As humans we feel like we need to control our lives and figure everything out right now! What am I going to wear tomorrow? What should I fix for dinner this week? Where am I going to be in 2 months let alone 2 years? It's so great to plan and have a vision for your life, but at the same time, the Bible says in Matthew 6:25-27, " 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" So pretty much, don't worry about it. God knows what you need, where you will be and what will happen.

I was sitting at work the other day down and out thinking about where my life has ended up. I never thought I would be where I am now and it scared me for the future. I thought I had it all planned out. If this threw me off, then where would I be in the future? But the funny thing is, life never turns out the way WE plan for it too. Granted, we always have a plan. But God's plan is never that of our own.

I was so thankful to get the job that I have now when I got it. Little did I know I would be doing nothing but waiting for the phone to ring for 8 hours a day. At first I was offended that I wasn't given more work to do. But as I remained faithful in the little task I was given, and made sure I overexceeded my expectancy, I found that I was beginning to get more responsibilty. I was shown that is how God does it! He works things out for us in ways we don't understand. And when we remain faithful and He sees that you can handle more, He will throw it out there! Gary Carpenter once told a story about a man that really begged God to use Him and when He finally did he said, "Use you? He'll work you to death!" hah. I find that funny.

So, my dad always taught me growing up to be faithful in the small things and He will make you ruler over much. To serve with the best of your ability and do it unto Christ. It's starting to pay off in my life. So if your life has winded down a path you never thought it would take, and you've eaten some bad apples or drank some stagnant water, don't worry. Be faithful. See what God won't bring you. Be thankful. See how things will start to change. And ask Him. What do you want? He already knows, but He just likes to hear it from you! :)

0 comments: