Friday, November 21, 2008

It troubles me..

I am very troubled in my spirit. I think we can all agree that music is powerful. We can hear a song with a catchy tune and be humming it for days. We can sing lyrics that if we really think about it, they make no sense. But it sticks. We as humans were made that way. What's funny to me is that satan, when he was an angel, was in charge of Heavens glorious music. That was his "speciality" if you will. He knew what pleasure it brought God and all who worshipped Him.

Confession. The Bible says simply, "you get what you say." Words are seeds. If you constantly confess sickness over your life, you therefore will end up sick. If you constantly confess prosperity, then you will be financially blessed. It's basic principals I think we have all been taught.

Take those two things and add them together. Confession IN music. I was in the car on the way back to work from my lunch break. I had the radio station playing that does the "lunch time cardio jams" and I was driving along chillin. This song came on and immediately the music caught my ear. The guitar gave me chills, then the words started. Immediately I began crying. It grieved my spirit. It was a song I had heard once before and it got caught in my head for the whole day. I refused to listen to it anytime it ever played again....

A girl sings it. Here is a taste of the lyrics, "I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chap stick. I kissed a girl just to try it, I hope my boyfriend don't mind it. It felt so wrong, it felt so right." The whole songs speaks about confusion but enjoyment. As I said.. I was grieved!!! It has such a catchy tune that you find yourself singing it. Um, confession? Go around singing that all day long and loving it, find yourself buying the c.d. just for that song. Listen to it 20 times a day, then tell me you don't start having lesbain desires!

This is just a song you might say. I say this is serious. Satan knows how music works. And we are being brainwashed. Subliminal messages if you will. So many young girls, at the age of exploring and confusion will buy this song and love it. Have it as a ringtone. And we sit back and wonder why our world is so messed up!! I still refuse to listen to that song. It's catchy and I refuse to sing those words. It truely breaks my heart. I realize now more than ever why God tells us to be careful what we hear. Now, more than ever, as the times change and society changes, we really have to be careful what we let in.

I think as christians, it's important that we keep our guard up and that we allow ourselves to become intercessors for this generation. "My heart isn't for the youth" you might say. Well you might as well just get over that grandma! Things are different than when you were growing up and the bad music you listened to was the Beach Boys. Today is evil. And our children, our teens, our youth, are being tossed around the atmosphere and bounced back and forth with what society tells them is "hot"! They are our next leaders. These children that are "kissing girls just to try it" will be senators, doctors, and huge corporation owners someday. Your future is in their hands. And I hate to tell you, but things are only going to get worse from here. So stop judging them! For crying out loud. Stop judging our youth and use the authority you have been given for crying out loud and pray for them! They need you. Don't judge. Pray. And be careful what you allow in your hearts.

0 comments: