Friday, November 21, 2008

Leave it in the past.

You can't help but wonder sometimes where you might be if you had made some different decisions in the past. One simple decision that you think nothing of can change the whole course of your life. Who would have thought a job that I took 3 years ago, and quit 2 years ago would still be affecting my life? I can't help but wonder if I could have saved myself several years of heartache just by choosing to work somewhere else. But who would have known the outcome?

You can't ever worry about what might have been. You can't use your if's, and's or but's. Those are not aloud in life. Life is only present and future. The past is forever gone and there is nothing you can do to change it. Granted, your present is a result of your past. Therefore your future shall be a result of your present. So why worry about the past when what you should worry about is your future inevitably making your present extremely important. What are you doing with you're "right now?" How many wasted days do we let go by in saying, "Oh I will just do it tomorrow." NOW is the time for change. For NOW the Kingdom is at hand. Everything you need is available to you NOW. Healing, forgiveness, freedom, blessings, and love. It's all available to you now. It doesn't matter what you did 5 minutes ago much less 5 years ago. Let go. Move on. It's a new day. It's a new minute. You can't undo what you did an hour ago. But you can start anew this hour.

I have spent too many months and even years punishing myself for the mistakes I have made. Why am I punishing me when God doesn't even punish me? God see's us differently than we see ourself and you should see yourself the way God see's you. I want to always walk with a repentive heart but I also know I am human and will fail every now and then. But that is where God's grace comes in to pick me up and give me the extra that I need to keep moving in what He wants for me.

So I am bringing another challenge to the table today. I'm sure there are things in every one of our lives that we wish we could change. There are probably still things that some of us are holding on to that we need to let go of. Some unforgiveness for ourselves. Like I said, you can't change the past but you can pave the way for your future. So start new today. Let go of some things. I pray that the Lord shows you things throughout the day that you need to let go of. There are higher levels He wants to take you and you are the only one keeping it from happening. Romans 8:27 says, "And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God." In other words, let the Holy Spirit search your heart and show you. His searching lines up with the will of God and the mind of Christ. So what better person to have search the crevices of your heart than part of the God head?!

0 comments: