Friday, November 21, 2008

Shake the rug.

Sometimes it's really hard to make the right decision. You factor in how it will affect other people and how it will change your life. Even simple decisions will affect lives. A lot of the time doing the right thing is a lot harder than doing the wrong thing. The wrong thing is easy but it can make you feel miserable. Doing the right thing brings you freedom but it can also come with pain.

In my life, I was battling back and forth with making a certain decision. I knew I had to do it, and once I did it things would only go up from there. But at the same time it was one of the hardest things I had to do. I made it hard. It was one of those things that you decide to do, then you go back to it, thus making it harder to let go of again. I did this about 3 times. Said I was done but then I really wasn't. Finally something inside of me clicked that said, "I don't want this in my life forever so it's now or never."

I think that each of us have things in our life just lingering around. We think it's not causing too big of a problem and it's a lot easier not to deal with it. It's like shaking a dusty rug. When a rug is dirty it all clings to the material. When we shake it out to clean it dust goes flying everywhere. You might cough and get some in your eyes for a second, but when it all calms down you are glad you did because now it's clean. That works like cleaning the "dust" out of our lives. Like I said, we all have things in our "closets" that we need to clean and get rid of. It's those little things that we think are acceptable and can be overlooked that we really need to deal with.

For me, if I had kept on going with this certain, one thing, it would continue forming a pattern in my life. Even though it was one simple thing, it roots back to one big problem. Until you get sick and tired of dealing with it, it will always be there. In your face. Not to sound repetitive on a few emails back, but I really feel like right now God is wanting to do a big thing in each of our lives. In order for Him to do that there are things He wants us to deal with. He wants us to shake our rugs and rid ourselves of the dirt that has been collecting over the years. Will you let Him do that? Lets clean some house!

0 comments: